Denton Women’s Institute
The Denton branch of the Women’s Institute normally meets on the first Tuesday of every month at 7.30pm in Denton Village Hall. It is a lively and fun organisation with a varied programme and interesting subsidised outings.
Visitors and guests are always welcome.
- President: Doris Lambert
- Vice President: Pearl Charnick
- Secretary: Jean Leatherbarrow Tel: 01379 8539569
- Treasurer: Yvonne Denham
Beverley Andrews, Elaine Fletcher, Julie Forest, Caroline Hutton, Lou Osborne, Jean Whipps.
After a long break monthly meetings have returned.
- April 5th - Open Meeting - "The Real Dad's Army", not the TV programme but the real Home Guard.
- May 3rd - Queen's Platinum Jubilee – Pudding Challenge Competition.
- June 7th – Centenary Anniversary Celebrations.
- July 5th – Garden Meeting + Barbecue.
- August 2nd – TBC
- September 6th – Talk - "Hat Making"
- October 4th – Demonstration - Dog Grooming
- November 1st – AGM + Christmas Crafts
- December 6th – Christmas Dinner + Secret Santa
- January 3rd – Talk - "Bwindi Community Hospital"
- February 7th – Beetle Drive + Hot Dog Supper
- March 7th – Talk - "The Titanic"
Further information about the WI is available from the Secretary
and from the Norfolk WI Website.
or from the National Website.