Post Office Services
Denton's Community Post Office is normally open from 9.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m. every Thursday in the Vestry of the Chapel at Chapel Corner. A wide range of PO services are provided. Teas and coffees are available so visiting the post office can be a social occasion as well.
To make access easier a new paved footpath from the road to the door of the Vestry was installed in September 2014.
Other post offices are located at:
- Bungay, 38 St Mary's Street, NR35 1AX. Tel: 01986 892100.
Open - Monday to Saturday: 06.00-18.00, Sunday: 07.00-13.00.
- Harleston, 6-8 The Thoroughfare, IP20 9AA. Tel: 01379 852354.
Open - Monday to Friday: 09.00-17.30, Saturday: 09.00-14.30, Sunday: Closed.
Postal Collection Times
The last collection times at the four postboxes in the village are believed to be as follows:
- Chapel Corner (No.IP20-7027): Weekdays - 16.00, Saturday - 09.00.
- Norwich/Darrow Green Road Junction (No.IP20-7096): Weekdays - 09.00, Saturday - 07.00.
NB This is the replacement for the Victorian box that was stolen in January 2013.
And replaced in June that year.
Amazingly, it took until July 2019 for Royal Mail to install a notice, albeit "temporary", of collection times on the box!
- Church Corner (No.IP20-7097): Weekdays - 09.00, and Saturday 09.45.
- Danacre Road (No. IP20-7098): Weekdays - 09.00, Saturdays - 07.30. This box is now back in use.
It should also be noted that all the postboxes in the village are part of the Ipswich (IP) postal area. Mail going to an NR postcode, particularly second-class, will probably get there quicker if placed in a Norwich area box. The nearest of these is quite close, at the junction of Upgate Street and Topcroft Road in Bedingham (Collection 16.00, Saturday 07.45).
Later collections are available from Bungay PO (NR) at 18.00 (12.00 Saturday) and Harleston PO (IP) at 17.30 (12.00 Saturday).
Further postal information, charges etc., is available from the Royal Mail Website.