Denton a village in South Norfolk, England

Denton Parish Council

Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on Tuesday 8th March 2022 at the Village Hall at 7.30 pm.

Present: Councillors: Ken Ashton (Vice Chair), Stephen Barrett, Melissa Bunn, Robert Fearnley, Christine Kerr, Helen Sida-Page.
Also present: Jackie Ellis (Clerk).

1. Welcome by the Chairman – (Terry Hanner Chairman absent tonight)
Ken Ashton, Vice Chairman, welcomed everyone to our Parish Council meeting.

2. To receive and accept apologies from members unable to attend:
Terry Hanner (Chairman), Barry Stone, County Councillor, Brendan Bernard, District Councillor.

3. To receive any declarations of interest in matters on the agenda:
None.

4. To approve and sign the minutes of the last meeting.
The minutes of the January 2022 meeting were approved and signed by Mr Ken Ashton, Vice Chairman, as a correct record.

5. Open Forum for Public Participation:
An opportunity to hear from members of the public - None

6. Reports from County and District Councillors:
In his absence Brendan Bernard emailed the following report:

7. To receive updates on items arising from the minutes of the last meeting not on the agenda:
None.

8. To receive playing field report and update on works carried out from last meeting:
Helen Sida-Page did inspection. All was in good order and tidy.
The fence needs to be installed which will be organised.
It was agreed to organise a works party to have a tidy up of debris from the storm before the first grass cut. Helen Sida-Page will organise a Saturday and advertise this.

9. Update on clearing the allotment area:
The allotment area has now been cleared and looks great. Mr. Fearnley said he will remove the wire with his tele porter and give it a cut with his mower.
The area is now looking very tidy and there is a lot less dog mess which is nice.

10. To discuss Queen's Platinum Jubilee celebrations.
Helen Sida-Page organised the meeting which was held on 18th February and the weekend’s events were planned.
Discussions on buying Jubilee souvenirs for the children in the village. It was agreed that we would apply for the jubilee weekend grant from South Norfolk.

11. To receive update on our application for trees:
The trees have all been planted and look lovely.

12. To receive update on dog poo bags and installation of another bin:
Mr. Fearnley will look in to the cost of dog poo bags.
The clerk will forward information to SNC of the proposed site for the installation of another bin.

12. Application for Trees:
Melissa Bunn completed the application. Thanks was given to her for doing this. Unfortunately we missed the first process and Melissa will complete the next application form for trees in January.
Discussions on how many trees we would need.

13. To discuss and comment on Planning Applications received and related matters:
Applications received: None.

14. Finance: To approve payments to be made and record money received:
Payments:

Receipts: None
The Clerks Salary will increase by 1.75% backdated to April 2021 as advised by Professional bodies.

15. To set date for Annual Parish Meeting and Annual Council Meeting and to approve internal auditor:
Date set for 10th May, 2022 to start at 7pm. We will ask Emily Winter to be guest speaker to talk about the environmental impacts on farming.
Terry Hanner has agreed to invite the village groups to this meeting.
We will ask Robert Buck to do our internal audit.

16. Any Other Business:
Complaints about the logs on Middle Road and Trunch Hill. Christine Kerr offered to chase this matter up.

17. To agree items for the next meeting:
This will be our Annual meeting as above.

18. Close of meeting:
Mr Ashton thanked everyone for attending and closed the meeting at 8.45 pm.

Return to Parish Council Page.

Return to Parish Council Agenda Page.

Return to Parish Minutes Archive.