Denton a village in South Norfolk, England

Denton Parish Council

DRAFT Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on Tuesday 9th November 2021 at the Village Hall at 7.30 pm.

NB These are Draft minutes and subject to change at the next meeting.

Present: Parish Councillors: Terry Hanner (Chairman), Ken Ashton (Vice Chair), Stephen Barrett, Melissa Bunn, Robert Fearnley Christine Kerr.
Also present: Jackie Ellis (Clerk), Chris Brown; District Councillor.

1. Terry Hanner welcomed everybody to our parish council meeting.

2. To receive and accept apologies from members unable to attend:
Helen Sida-Page, Barry Stone; County Councillor.

3. To receive any declarations of interest in matters on the agenda:
None.

4. To approve and sign the minutes of the the September 2021 meeting:
These minutes were approved and signed by Terry Hanner, Chairman.

5. Open Forum for Public Participation:
An opportunity to hear from members of the public - None

6. Reports from County and District Councillors:
Barry Stone our County Councillor has sent a report which has been emailed to parish councillors. This will be available to view on our website.

Chris Brown our District Councillor reported as follows:

7. To receive updates on items arising from the minutes of the last meeting not on the agenda:
Mr. Hanner and Mrs. Kerr have met Gary Overland from Highways to discuss various parts of the village where we could possibly have speed limits reduced. After re assessing there is only one place – the upper part of the village where they would consider a 40mph. We do not meet the criteria for a 30 mph limit. It will take around 2 years to look in to this.
They also looked at other problem areas, like the Beck area and the ditches and drains which will be dug out. The issue of the tree trunks being put on verges was also looked at and a letter will be written to the land owner.

8. To receive playing field report and update on works carried out from last meeting:
Melissa Bunn did report. She has carried out a lot of tidying and cleaning. Some weeds will need some weed killer.
The hedge has been organised to be cut.
A Works party was organised to put the new bins in this Saturday.

9. Update on clearing the allotment area:
Robert Fearnley has looked at the area. There is a lot of wire to clear.
Councillors will organise a works party to clear this with Mr. Fearnley’s equipment.

10. To discuss Queens Diamond Jubilee celebrations next year:
To put on January 2022 agenda.

11. Update on speeding and verges:
SAM data has been sent to the police. There has been a significant drop in speeding during the last two months.

12. Application for Trees:
Melissa Bunn completed the application. Thanks was given to her for doing this. Unfortunately we missed the first process and Melissa will complete the next application form for trees in January.
Discussions on how many trees we would need.

13. To discuss the problem of Poo Bags being left in hedges, etc. :
Discussions on this and the possibility of putting another bin in the village and the best place to put it. It was agreed that the preferred place for another bin would be at the top end of Paynes Hill Road.
The Grid Reference for this is 268877. The clerk with ask SNC about site and costs, etc.

14. To discuss and comment on Planning Applications received and related matters:
Applications received:
Ref: 2021/2451; Ashcroft, Trunch Hill, Denton. Proposal: Eaves of single storey side element, convert garage, infull between dormers to front and rear, change all roof tiles, change external finishes to single storey element. Councillors agreed to support this application.

15. Finance: To approve payments to be made and record money received:
Payments:

Receipts:

16. Any Other Business:
None.

17. To agree items for the next meeting:
11th January 2022 at 7.30 pm.
Budget Setting.

16. Close of meeting:
Mr Hanner thanked everyone for attending and closed the meeting at 8.30 pm.

Return to Parish Council Page.

Return to Parish Council Agenda Page.

Return to Parish Minutes Archive.