Denton a village in South Norfolk, England

Denton Parish Council

DRAFT Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on Tuesday 4th May 2021 at 7.30 pm by way of video conferencing.

NB These are Draft minutes and subject to change at the next meeting.

Present: Parish Councillors: Terry Hanner (Chairman), Stephen Barrett, Melissa Bunn, Robert Fearnley, Christine Kerr.
Jackie Ellis (Clerk), District Councillors: Chris Brown and Brendon Bernard.

1. Election of Chairman and Vice Chairman:
a) To elect a Chairman for the coming year
Terry Hanner said that he would be happy to continue as chairman for the coming year. All councillors were in favour.
b) To receive the chairman’s Declaration of Acceptance of Office
Terry Hanner will sign the Declaration of Acceptance of Office.
c) To elect a Vice Chairman for the coming year
It was proposed that Ken Ashton continue as vice chairman which all councillors were happy with. Mr Hanner will speak to Mr Ashton to confirm he is happy with this.

2. To receive and accept apologies from members unable to attend:
Ken Ashton, Helen Sida-Page.

3. To receive any declarations of interest in matters on the agenda:
None.

4. To approve and sign the minutes of the last meeting held on 9th March, 2021:
These minutes were approved and signed by Terry Hanner, Chairman, as a correct record

5. Open forum for Public Participation:
There were no members of the public attending.

6. Reports from County and District Councillors:
Chris Brown, District Councillor, gave the following report:

7. To receive updates on items arising from the minutes of the last meeting not on the agenda:
We have written to Saffron Housing expressing our concerns at the sale of a property in our village. To date we have not received a reply.

8. Update on Playing Field Issues:
Stephen Barrett did last inspection and reported that all was clean and tidy. The grass seems much longer on the play area than the football pitch. The Play area part seems to grow quicker and the area is now due for another cut.
The working party went extremely well – they tidied the equipment and cut the willow. Mr. Hanner gave thanks to everyone who turned up from the parish council and to the other villagers.
We have received £500.00 from Chris Brown’s Members Ward Fund for the fencing. Thanks was given to Chris Brown for this. Terry Hanner will said he will organise the fencing.
Melissa Bunn has some decking cleaner which she will apply the weather improves.

9. To discuss and comment on Planning Applications received and related matters:
Ref: 2021/0816 Location: 1 Rose Cottage, Darrow Green Road, Denton.
Proposal: Conversion of residential outbuilding to residential holiday letting accommodation.
Discussions took place on this.
Concerns over the lack of turning space on the driveway. The only option to park is to reverse off or on to the road. There are also concerns regarding the effect this may have on the residential amenity of nearby properties; feeling that it is over development of the plot.

10. Finance: To approve payments to be made:

Income:

11. Annual Audit – To approve internal auditor and discuss dates for submission:
It was agreed that we would ask Robert Buck to do the internal audit again.
It was also agreed that we would ask for an extension on the audit deadline of the 30th June by a week to the 7th July, to allow us to hold our meeting on the 6th July. Confirmation to follow.

12. Any Other Business:
The issue of speeding was discussed. Kay Wiltshire has kindly forwarded our SAM2 data. Melissa Bunn kindly agreed to take on the responsibility to send the data to Harleston police and seek feedback.
Christine Kerr will contact Highways about the problems we have had with speeding in the village and ask if we could reassess the parts of the village which have a more than 30mph limit. It was agreed to also put a piece in the magazine.
Mr Hanner has received a quote for clearing the allotment area of approx. £1,500. Thoughts on this for the next meeting.

13. To agree items for the next meeting:
Clearing the Allotment Area Annual Audit

14. Close of meeting:
The meeting closed at 8.20pm.

Return to Parish Council Page.

Return to Parish Council Agenda Page.

Return to Parish Minutes Archive.