Denton Parish Council
Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on Thursday 16th July 2020 at 7.30 pm by way of video conferencing.
Councillors: Terry Hanner (Chairman), Christine Kerr, Melissa Bunn, Stephen Barrett.
Also present: Jackie Ellis (Clerk), District Councillor - Chris Brown.
1. Welcome by the Chairman:
Terry Hanner welcomed everyone to the meeting.
2. To receive and accept apologies from members unable to attend:
Ken Ashton, Robert Fearnley.
3. To receive any declarations of interest from members on any item to be discussed:
4. To approve and sign the minutes of the last meeting.
The minutes of the 10th March 2020 meeting and our resolution made on 1st May, 2020 were approved and will be signed by Terry Hanner; Chairman, as a correct record.
5. Public Participation.
The meeting was not adjourned for public participation as there were no members of the public attending.
6. Matters arising from the minutes of the last meeting.
- The hedge at the bottom of Trunch Hill has been cut.
- Kay Wiltshire has passed on some old parish council records to Helen Sida-Page for safe keeping.
- The seat has been put in position.
7. Update on Playing field issues including grass cutting.
- As Norse are no longer cutting the playing field, we have asked Levi Farrow to do this.
- ROSPA have carried out the annual inspection and sent their report. Councillors agreed to meet at 11.00am on Saturday, 25th July to look at issues arising from the report.
- Helen Sida-Page did the last inspection and made sure everything was ready for the re opening.
- Christine Kerr mentioned that the bottle bank was full and she will report this.
- The Play Area Risk Assessment has been updated in line with Covid 19 conditions. This was approved and signed by the chairman.
8. To approve payments to be made:
- Clerk Salary for 2 months £176.00, plus allowance £26.00
- HMRC Paye £88.00
- NALC Annual Subscription £122.55
- ROSPA Play Safety Annual Inspection £124.20
- Levi Farrow grass cutting £400.00
- Robert Buck for the Internal Audit; It was agreed to buy him some chocolates from Petty Cash
9. To approve the audit papers for the year ended 31st March 2020.
It was approved that Denton parish council meets the criteria for 2019/20 and wishes to be an exempt authority for that year.
The following were approved and will be signed:
- Exemption certificate AGAR Part 2
- AGAR, Section 1 and 2
The clerk will send the forms to the auditors and they will be displayed on the website and notice board.
10. Any Other Matters.
Chris Brown spoke about issues relating to South Norfolk Council and the effects of the coronavirus.
- The Help Hub has been busy.
- Things are now starting to re open. Offers of discretionary business grants.
- The impact on South Norfolk’s budget is a deficit of approx. £3m. A lot of this was due to the closing of Leisure Centres. These are now starting to reopen.
There were no other matters.
The next meeting will be held on Tuesday, 15th September 2020 at 7.30pm (expected to be by video conferencing).
The meeting closed at 8.03pm.