Coronavirus Emergency Support
At the start of the Emergency this page was set up to provide Denton residents with essential information and support.
With many people experiencing self-isolation, either voluntary or imposed, the initial local support system included a rolling list of people willing to help with shopping, picking up prescriptions etc. for those who needed it.
This system has now ended but two contact numbers are still available:
- The Hanners – 01986 788414 and
- The Cardens – 01986 788279.
Another circular with more up-to-date information has been circulated - it can be seen HERE.
How about a Chat?
Some of our volunteers have indicated they would be very happy to receive calls from people who just want a chat.
They are listed below:
- Jane Christian 01986 788666.
- Chris & Jason Kerr 01986 788372
- Katrina Cattermole 01986 788197, 07934 898695
- Kat Cooper 01986 788930, 07531 244103
- Beth Barrett 01986 788685
- Steve & Annie Whiteman 01986 788251
- David & Margaret Parsons 01986 788671, 07887 918433
- Bridget Hill 01986 788619
- Ken Ashton 01986 788705
- Nicki van Gelder 01986 788636
Lists have been circulated with details of local shops etc. that are open including delivery options.
Links to these lists are provided here for:
Council SupportThe County Council have circulated information about the crisis covering:
Guidance Notes on sources of support particularly for the vulnerable.
And Advice and Useful Links (Updated 29 April).
They have also set up a Special Web Page with lots of Useful Information